Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:22 pm Post subject: daofind bug when starmap and/or skymap parameters blank
For the daofind task, if the starmap or skymap parameters are blank (such as a space), daofind will delete the input image and exit with error. (Adding a null prefix equals the input filename, which is the source of the problem.) This could lead to data loss when people try to clear previously set prefixes. I am using IRAF 2.16 64-bit linux. To reproduce, try creating a starmap and/or skymap and then blanking the entry for a second run.
PS Some other minor (to very minor cosmetic) things:
1) The starmap and skymap images for an image seem to update after each run while the daofind help suggests they get reused. Are they really getting re-used or actually re-created? I couldn't tell. If those files are getting re-used, I wouldn't expect them to get even updated time stamps in their header.
2) The boundary and wcsout parameters should use a parameter
lists "constant|nearest|reflect|wrap" and "logical,tv,physical"
in epar to check if the entered values are valid when setting them.
1) When using epar with findpars, there's an annoying looking extra
space for the sharphi parameter.
2) In the help, there's a BUGS section that just lists "daofind". Should
be expanded or deleted.
3) For the sharplo parameter, the string "0.2" instead of ".2" would match IRAF's normal help style.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum