OK! I checked another one of our newly updated IRAF systems, and it works fine, so therefore I can assume that the problem with sections is due to a fault in the specific system, and not in the IRAF installation. Uses the same IRAF extraction and installation setup for all our installations.
Use Fedora 15.x86_64 throughout. The problematic system's Linux platform was recently upgraded, so there might be a missing or corrupt lib somewhere. But it now works with the fix provided. I will recheck after each update of the system, might be able to pick up which lib caused the upset. Will let you know if and when I find possible source.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum